WHAT MAKES THIS LEADERSHIP PROGRAM DIFFERENT?
- This is one of the most complete leadership development experiences available. Built on a comprehensive leadership framework, this program helps you master skills in four areas of leadership experience—personal, interpersonal, team, and systems.
- This program will draw individuals from across the enterprise of higher education. You’ll learn alongside and with colleagues from across the institution—enrollment managers, student affairs professionals, librarians, department chairs and deans, fundraisers, and HR and IT professionals—creating a systemic view of higher education, right in the room.
- Leadership isn’t taught; it is learned through experience. This program is highly interactive and experiential and offers many tools, techniques, and frameworks that can be immediately used in your work.
- We don’t restrict the experience to the three days. You will prepare for the program by completing a 360° assessment, and you will work in peer-to-peer coaching teams that will continue long after you leave the institute.
- To help bring to focus the lessons learned in the program and to deepen the development process, you will develop and maintain a leadership portfolio. This is comprised of an assessment of personal strengths and challenges, goals and values, journal entries on reflections on leadership that you prepare for each day and share with one another.
What Others are Saying
Best leadership conference I have attended. Intense, hard work, but with strong pay-off. I left with a plan to help me move forward personally and professionally.”
Associate Provost for Curriculum and Assessment, Drake University
Contemporary and practical approaches to issues facing leaders in higher education. Presenters possess a lot of great experience that they freely share.”
Dean, Graduate School of Health and Human Services, Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
The conference opened me up, made me think hard, overwhelmed me (in a good way) and made me excited to start improving.”
Curriculum Coordinator, McMaster University
This was an excellent opportunity. The speakers were experts in their fields with many personal examples. The small group interaction was very valuable for my personal growth in leadership.”
Director, Post-Licensure Programs, University of Wisconsin OshKosh
This workshop provided the skills, insights, and strategies needed to promote my personal and professional growth to the next level.”
Director, Sustainability, Lewis & Clark College
I came away from this workshop humbled, inspired to become a more effective dynamic leader. I would highly recommend this workshop to all levels of leadership positions.”
Assistant Vice President, Financial Affairs, Central Washington University
This conference provided practical, research-based information that I can actually use. It was very worthwhile.”
Executive Dean, General Education, Chemeketa Community College
The advanced leadership conference is engaging, empowering, and will change the way you think about leadership and lead others.”
Manager, Academic Partnerships, University of Texas at Arlington
This conference made me stop and think more than any other I've attended - and in a way that will directly impact my success and the success of my team.”
Director, Development, University of California, San Diego
In a world of full calendars, it is difficult to take the critical time to reflect, assess, and energize. If you are in a leadership position at any level, this will serve as an essential opportunity to resolve your own challenges under the guidance of two people with a wealth of expertise. I wish I had had this opportunity years earlier.”
Assistant Dean, Bachelor of Health Sciences Program, McMaster University