Be prepared to offer every class in a face-to-face, hybrid, and online format.
Many institutions are planning courses that are adaptable to online, hybrid, and face-to-face learning options in order to be prepared for an uncertain fall. Join us with our expert speaker, Elizabeth Barrie from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, to learn how to design a course proactively so that it is adaptable in any scenario.
Elizabeth Barrie has helped faculty pivot courses using Kaufman’s notion of agile learning. Barrie will help prepare you to offer every class in a face-to-face, hybrid, and online format. In this model, students can then choose their own course path by using the combination of formats that works best for their lives, whether they are working full time, parenting, or pursuing double and triple majors. This agile framework gives students more control of their educational pace and experience while also allowing institutions the ability to offer quality instruction and be ready for unforeseen pivots.
Join us for a virtual training and dialogue to:
- Learn the benefits of agile courses
- Identify courses for agile development by using a simple rubric
- Distinguish between HyFlex and agile course design
- Learn strategies and tips to develop and implement agile courses
Who Should Attend
Leaders involved in centers for teaching and learning, faculty affairs, and academic planning will learn an approach to course design that maximizes flexibility for students and the institution.
The Academic Impressions Virtual Workshop Experience
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to exploring responsive issues in higher education. Our virtual workshops provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. Depending on what you need to solve a specific challenge at your institution, you will have the chance to gain ideas, plans, refinements, or connections with those undergoing the same challenges as you. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- Learn from what your peers are doing across the nation
- Gather unique and creative approaches that you may not have thought about
- Validate and vet plans and priorities
- Contribute your ideas and help shape the conversation
- Get work done in a space that’s designed to help you reflect, be creative, and maintain focus on the issue
- Connect with subject matter experts who steer the conversation and add value
- Experience expert facilitation to ensure practical outcomes and takeaways
As the coronavirus pandemic unfolds nationally, it is so important to keep connecting and networking with your peers - at a “social distance” - and to keep learning and developing as higher-ed leaders and professionals. Don’t let social distancing and quarantines prevent you from setting aside time for professional development. Everything is changing so fast; more than ever, we need to be pooling our resources and knowledge and finding the best ways to develop our capacity, connect and share with each other, and move forward during a challenging time.
11:00 - 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Benefits of Agile Courses
- Determining if the Agile Model Is a Fit for Your Courses
- HyFlex vs Agile
- Considerations for Development
- Multiple Pathways to Agile
- Key Course Components
- Step-by-Step Development Process
Elizabeth R. Barrie, Ph.D.
Director, Office of Online Education, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
At the University of Nevada, Barrie supports a talented staff of instructional designers, technologists, artists, and computer programmers as they provide professional development and creative services to faculty.
ACADEMIC IMPRESSIONS MEMBERS
Get access to THIS virtual training only.
Become a Member
Get this + 100s more FREE with membership!
Questions About the Event?
Program Manager, Academic Impressions
*There are limited spots available for All-Inclusive Members to register for virtual trainings for free in 2020. Each virtual training has a registration cap in order to ensure a high-quality learning experience. If the cap has been met, All-Inclusive Members can register with a $250 discount if space is available.