Learn how to build a greater sense of community and engagement with your institution among graduate students.
Graduate students, despite comprising a large portion of a university’s overall student body, are often under-engaged as a part of the campus community. Throughout this training you will hear examples of how the University of Notre Dame successfully:
- Engaged graduate students upon enrolling in a program
- Created opportunities for social connections during their program
- Built meaningful connections to the university
Who Should Attend
This online training is designed for leaders in graduate education and student success. This may include:
- Directors and Coordinators of Graduate Programs
- Deans of Graduate Education
- Directors of Graduate Student Services
- Directors of Graduate Enrollment
Session 1 - February 13
Pre-arrival through Orientation
- Coordinating communication during admissions
- Graduate-specific orientation
Session 2 - February 20
Success and Well-being of Graduate Students
- Creating social opportunities for graduate and adult students
- Using marketing and branding to connect grads to existing services
- Graduate Student Appreciation Week
Mimi Beck is the founding director of Notre Dame's Office of Graduate Student Life, charged with creating and implementing a strategic vision to promote the success and well-being of Notre Dame post-baccalaureate students. In collaboration with key partners in academics and student affairs, she manages all communications, programming, assessment, advocacy and administration for Graduate Student Life. Mimi is currently serving as the national co-chair for the NASPA Administrators in Graduate and Professional Student Services knowledge community, and is preparing a book chapter for publication on Graduate Student Affairs.
Both Live Webcasts + Both Webcast Recording
- Access to the live webcasts: Invite your team!
- Links to all presentation materials and resources
- Permanent recordings of the live webcasts
Questions About the Event?
Elizabeth Ross Hubbell
Senior Program Manager, Academic Impressions