You don’t need a robust budget to develop and use personas—join us to learn how.
Join us for this two-part series to better understand and target your core audiences by developing and incorporating personas into your marketing strategy. As part of this conversation, we will discuss:
- Eleven elements of an effective persona
- Data to consider to inform persona creation
- How personas can inform marketing planning, media decisions, content strategy, and design considerations
- Guidance for continually updating and integrating your personas into your marketing strategy
Session one will focus on creating effective personas.
Session two will then teach you how to integrate these personas meaningfully into your marketing efforts.
Depending on your needs regarding persona development, you may sign up for one or both of these sessions.
Efficient and Resource-Rich Trainings
We have deliberately designed these trainings to be brief, but powerful. Each session is jam-packed with practical information from start to finish—each is accompanied by a robust collection of worksheets and development templates that are designed to help you further develop and apply your own personas to your work.
Who Should Attend
If you are a marketing professional working in higher education, you will benefit from this webcast. This content has been designed to apply to all “types” of marketers, including those who work within:
- Enrollment Management/Admissions
- Central Marketing
- Institutional Marketing
- Individual Programs or Departments
Session 1 - July 20, 2018
Learning Outcome: Learn to begin developing personas for your core audiences.
We will walk you through eleven essential elements of effective personas and provide examples of how you can develop personas for your core audiences in-house on a limited budget. Topics to be addressed include:
- What are personas, and why does higher ed need them?
- What are the eleven elements of an effective persona?
- How do I go about developing my personas?
Session 2 - August 3, 2018
Learning Outcome: Learn to integrate the personas you develop/have developed into your marketing strategy.
Once you have your personas developed, the task at hand is to ensure that they do not just sit on a shelf collecting dust—you must find ways to integrate them in a meaningful way into your marketing strategies. We will discuss and show examples of how you can apply and make the most of your personas in the context of:
- Marketing planning conversations - How can you create audience maps based on your personas to engage in more audience-centered planning?
- Content strategy and design considerations - How can personas inform creative briefs that will help bring your various campaigns to life?
- Media decisions - How can personas help you stay audience and goal-focused when it comes to media buying decisions?
- Direct marketing - How can personas help you with different aspects of direct marketing, such as targeting and copy?
Director, Marketing Services
Mike Barzacchini has worked in marketing and public relations for more than 20 years. For the past 16 years, he has served as director of the Marketing Services Department at Harper College. Mike developed Harper's first branding campaign and leads the College’s integrated marketing, web, and social media initiatives.
Along with his higher ed experience, Mike has created communication campaigns for healthcare organizations, state government agencies, manufacturers, and consumer service companies. Whether he is leading a workshop, writing copy for a direct marketing project, or planning a campaign, Mike’s work is guided by the following three principles: access, usability, and relevance.
Live Webcast Registrations (Sessions 1 & 2) + Webcast Recordings (Sessions 1 & 2)
- Access to the live webcasts: Invite your team!
- Links to all presentation materials and resources
- Permanent webcast recordings
Questions About the Event?
Sarah Seigle Peatman
Sr. Research Analyst, Academic Impressions