Commit to your growth as a more inclusive leader.
Effective leadership is inclusive leadership. When our colleagues feel they can show up authentically in all aspects of their identities and contribute without fear of repercussion, we’re building stronger teams and stronger organizations. But this doesn’t happen automatically—it takes time, intention, and continuous learning and growth.
Our Inclusive Leadership Certificate Program: Build Your Skills and Self-Awareness is designed as a first step on that journey. Academic Impressions’ leadership model takes a holistic approach to leadership across four key dimensions: self-awareness and personal development, interpersonal leadership skills, team development, and leading at the organizational level. This program takes you on a deep dive into self-awareness and personal development to help you to become a more inclusive leader. You can participate individually or with your team in this 4-week program, which explores four key questions:
- How do you lead?
- What has shaped your approach to leadership?
- What makes leading inclusively difficult?
- How will you lead going forward?
Each week includes resources and practical strategies to help you to lead more inclusively. The course culminates in a draft of your inclusive leadership philosophy which you can use as a guide in the future—because this work does not end with the conclusion of the program.
Week 1: How do you lead? Reflecting on how you show up as a leader.
Starting: October 23, 2023
Monday – Thursday (20 minutes | Format: On-Demand)
- Complete The Five Paths to Leadership℠ Self-Assessment by Thursday
Friday- Attend the Live Session (90 minutes | Format: Live)
- Attend the LIVE Session
Week 2: What has shaped your approach to leadership? Unpacking your experience.
Starting: October 30, 2023
Monday – (20 Minutes | Format: On-Demand)
- Welcome to Week 2
- An Introduction to Unpacking Your Intersectional Identities
- Key Words & Terminology
- Defining and Applying Intersectionality
- Examine Your Social Identities
- Take Action Tip
Wednesday – (20 Minutes | Format: On-Demand)
- An Introduction to Privilege and Its Role in Enhancing Equity
- Ground Rules
- Social Conditioning
- Privilege and Marginalization
- The Desire to Distance Ourselves from Privilege
Friday – (15 Minutes | Format: On-Demand)
- Introduction to Bias
- Defining Implicit Bias
- Brain Science of Implicit Bias
- Ways to Reflect on, Interrupt, and Address Bias
- Complete Week 2 Reflection Questions
Week 3: What makes leading inclusively difficult? Taking stock of your inclusive leadership skills, managing internal discomfort, and developing cultural humility.
Starting: November 6, 2023
Monday – (10 minutes | Format: On-Demand)
- “You Want to Be My Ally” Spoken Word
- “You Want to Be My Ally” Reflection Questions
Wednesday – (30 minutes | Format: On-Demand)
- Introduction to Uncomfortable Conversations are Necessary, Not Unkind
- Why Uncomfortable Conversations are Necessary
- Communication, Vulnerability, & Trust
- Intent vs. Impact
- Cultural Humility
Friday – (15 minutes | Format: On-Demand)
- Performative vs. Authentic Allyship
- Accepting the Reality of Privilege
- Allyship Considerations when Taking Action
- Allyship Reflection Questions
- Complete Week 3 Reflection Questions
Week 4: How will you lead going forward? Drafting your inclusive leadership philosophy.
Starting: November 13, 2023
Monday – Thursday (30 minutes | Format: On-Demand)
- Complete Your Inclusive Leadership Philosophy
- Complete Week 4 Reflection Questions
Friday – Attend the Live Session (90 minutes | Format: Live)
- Attend the LIVE Session
Who should attend?
This program is designed for anyone looking to engage in self-reflection to grow as a more inclusive leader.
Already a user? Login and gain access to this free event
Go back to the registration form