Providing Leadership, Personal Development, and
Skills-Based Training for Higher Ed
Professional development can transform you, your team, and your institution. Get connected with expert training that is designed specifically for staff and faculty in higher ed.
Become a better leader in terms of how to:
- Be more collaborative
- Enhance executive presence
- Build better teams
- Deepen emotional intelligence
- Manage change
- And more...
Be more effective in your role by learning about topics such as:
- Time management
- Dealing with difficult colleagues
- Decision making
- Personal effectiveness
- And more...
Get the skills you need across the academic enterprise, including:
- Academic Affairs
- Business Office
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Enrollment Management
- Student Affairs
We Can Help.
We provide in-depth professional development opportunities, on-campus workshops, an all-access membership to hundreds of online trainings, reports, job aids, and other professional development resources designed specifically for higher education. We can partner with your institution to benchmark your culture of professional development against a sector-wide average and develop customized learning plans for your next generation of leaders.
What Makes Academic Impressions Different?
Academic Impressions offers professional development opportunities that are rooted in practical application and delivered by vetted experts. The topics are needs-driven and based on research with practitioners in the field. After completing an in-person or online training, you will walk away with practical, hands on knowledge that will make a direct impact in your role and institution.
Don’t just take our word for it, listen to past attendees.
Nine out of ten participants recommend Academic Impressions webcasts to their colleagues.
96% of past attendees would recommend an Academic Impressions conference to a colleague.
And check out our featured case studies to see how institutions of every size have used our trainings to develop their leaders.
Books, Assessments, and Reports
Our researchers work with leading experts in higher education to produce:
- Handbooks and comprehensive guides to a range of higher-ed challenges -- from fundraising for deans, to customer service in higher ed, to faculty mentoring.
- Research-based assessment tools to help you diagnose your team's effectiveness, understand your leadership strengths, or improve your meetings.
- Hundreds of articles, survey reports, and research briefs responding to shifting trends and innovations in higher ed.
You can also sign up for a daily, weekly, or monthly digest of the most practical strategies, up-to-date research, and current events in higher ed.
Bring Training to Your Campus: On Campus Workshops
Get your team on the same page and moving in the same direction quickly. Bring expert facilitators to your campus for a training customized to your unique needs. It will be facilitated to ensure the outcome is highly practical, actionable, and owned by key stakeholders. Topics include:
- Collaborative Leadership in Higher Education
- Implementing a Strengths-Based Approach to Leadership on Campus
- Leading and Influencing as a Department Chair
- Emergent Crisis Management: Experiential Workshop for Campus Leaders
- Women's Leadership Success in Higher Education
- Creating Exceptional Teams in Higher Education
- Fundraising Partnerships for Deans and Development Officers
- Front-line Fundraising: Essentials of Gift Solicitation
- Customer Service in Higher Education: Certification Training
- Foundations in Title IX Investigations Workshop & Certification
- New Advisor Bootcamp
Partner your leadership team with Academic Impressions to more intentionally plan your team’s professional development. We’ll help you to assess your team’s needs, centrally plan and coordinate, and get more strategic about your team’s growth and development.
Partnership can be a combination of any of the above training tools such as conferences, membership, coaching or more.
Fill out the form below to get more information.
Talk with us. We can help you figure out the best professional development needs for you, your team, and/or your institution.