Gain the skills you need to lead the strategic vision of your academic department as well as lead and inspire your faculty colleagues. During this practically-focused training, you will learn tools and tactics to help you be successful in both duties as a department chair, including:
- Handling the most difficult complaints that you face
- Developing a vision and setting goals within your academic department
- Motivating and mentoring your faculty
- Setting performance expectations for faculty
- Dealing with difficult faculty colleagues
- Managing crises that occur on your watch
Who Will Benefit
This leadership institute is designed with particular attention to those who are looking to develop the expertise to become an exceptional department leader. The depth and breadth of this program is also suitable for those who are contemplating making a move from department chair to a higher administrative position, including program directors, division chiefs, center directors, etc.
If you have questions about this program’s fit for you, please reach out to the program manager, Ashley Brand at email@example.com.
Jeffrey L. Buller, Former Dean of the Honors College, Florida Atlantic University
Jeanne A.K. Hey, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences, University of New England
Kathleen Rinehart, President, Cardinal Stritch University