Inspire philanthropic involvement and showcase great work at your institution through personalized, intimate events with donors.
Salon events are intimate gatherings that take place in donors’ homes or other unique settings, and they’re an ideal way to connect with donors strategically to develop the philanthropic relationships that matter most. Do you know how to include smaller, personalized donor events as part of your cultivation strategy?
Join us online to learn the details of planning and executing small donor events to engage some of your institution’s most avid supporters. We will suggest roles for events hosts, central program staff, and development professionals. You’ll leave with a list of probing questions to help create impact at your events, and you’ll get tips for event follow-up.
Your registration will include a number of resources to help develop successful small donor cultivation events on your campus:
- Event Strategy Sheet
- Host Overview and Expectations
- Planning Questionnaire
- Best Practices for a Successful Donor Engagement Experience
Who Should Attend
Advancement professionals involved with cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding top donors will learn how to effectively execute a small donor cultivation event.
- The Changing Landscape of Donor Cultivation
- Developing a Strategy for Small Donor Cultivation Events
- Setting goals
- Different types of events & themes
- Different models to fit your institution’s needs
- Creating impact during events
- Resourcing Your Events
- Roles of staff in cultivation events
- Event execution & follow-up
- Getting Started
Kathy Drucquer Duff
Coach, Consultant, and Optimizer, KDD Philanthropy
Kathy is an executive advancement officer with over 20 years of experience helping non-profits and institutions transform the way they practice philanthropy. Kathy provides this expertise from her experience in higher education, where she developed fundraising plans that have secured gifts of up to nine figures. The “grow your own” fundraiser model that Kathy developed is built on a structured talent management program that maximizes existing resources, inspires loyalty, and generates fundraising results. This approach has led to comprehensive programs in donor pipeline development, talent acquisition, new-hire onboarding, individualized retention, and in-house professional development. Read Kathy’s full bio here.
Questions About the Event? Email this event’s Program Manager, Christine Murphy.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session – a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording – a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.