As competition in higher education intensifies, so do prospective students’ appetites to shop for institutions that provide the best education, experience, and amenities for their tuition dollars. Embedding a culture of service excellence at all levels of an institution can directly enhance enrollment and improve student retention. More and more institutions are responding to the implicit connection between the quality of customer service and the success of the larger institutional mission.
Join us for this one-of-a-kind learning experience, unique to the higher education training space, specifically developed for both frontline customer service professionals and those who supervise them. Through a number of interactive, hands-on sessions and small-group activities, you will dive deep into:
- Critical competencies of good customer service in higher education
- Maintaining consistency across service channels
- The conversation cycle and scripting
- Assisting difficult customers
- Understanding the full spectrum of customer relationships – from students and their parents to internal stakeholders
- Measuring and assessing your customer service culture
You will leave this training with increased confidence in your customer service skills and a heightened ability to handle a wide variety of service scenarios.
Get Your Team Certified
This event culminates in a final, written exam. Upon demonstrating your mastery of the subject matter discussed throughout the conference, you will receive a certificate of completion for your time spent and knowledge gained at this event. Show that your campus is a leader in customer service by getting your entire frontline staff certified!
Post-Conference Workshop: Leading Culture Change to Enhance Service Excellence
This optional post-conference workshop will focus on how to lead a culture shift towards service excellence at your institution. Our expert facilitator will help those interested in starting a Service Excellence Initiative at their institution identify where to start, how to sustainably roll it out, and how to get buy-in to truly change the culture. You will also discuss how to leverage data to implement and lead new service excellence initiatives and on your campus.
Who Should Attend
This conference has been specifically designed for both managers and frontline staff across enrollment and student services in higher education. The program will especially benefit you if:
- You are a frontline service provider looking to enhance your customer service skills.
- You are a manager or director supervising frontline service providers and looking to bring training ideas back to your institution.
- You are a campus leader looking to lead culture change and implement a service excellence program on your campus.
Heath Boice-Pardee, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, Rochester Institute of Technology
Emily Richardson, Adjunct Faculty, Queens University of Charlotte and Widener University
Eileen Soisson, Executive Director of Training, Development and Service Excellence, Coastal Carolina University