Re-think your content strategy for the digital generation.
Join us for a webcast highlighting a successful model that “flips the script” and puts social media at the forefront of content marketing. Tony Dobies from West Virginia University will discuss:
- The challenges WVU previously faced
- How they initiated conversations about taking a more audience-centric and social-first approach to content creation
- How social media grew to occupy a central strategic place in both marketing and communications
- Examples and data that show what the results of this social-first approach have been for the university
You will see numerous examples of “social-first content” to help illustrate the concept and will learn how this approach helped enhance the brand and personality of West Virginia University as social media leaders in higher education.
A Showcase Format
This webcast is designed to showcase an innovative model in higher education. In this online training, you will hear a colleague's success story, learn from the lessons and challenges of their model, have the opportunity to ask questions, and gain advice about how to proceed on your campus.
Who Should Attend
If you are striving to increase the strategic importance of social media in content planning and creation at your college or university, this workshop will provide an inspirational story of how one institution achieved this and share with you advice for doing the same.
The presentation will consist of three main sections:
- The Impact of WVU’s Social-First Approach to Content Planning and Creation
- Anatomy of a Social-First Approach: Three Essential Steps
- Taking stock of who and where your audiences are
- “Flipping the script” from repurposing for social to repurposing from social
- Making social media a focal point for content planning conversations across marketing and communications
- Practical Advice for Getting Started on Your Campus
Social Media Director, West Virginia University
Tony has positioned the University as a leader in higher education when it comes to new and social media platforms. He is a vocal advocate across the higher education community and has spoken at numerous national conferences on the importance of social and digital media in marketing and communications. Read Tony's full bio here.
Questions About the Event? Email this event's Program Manager, Christine Murphy.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.