Graduate and professional alumni typically aren’t as engaged with their alma mater as their undergraduate counterparts. But graduate alumni are often highly career-focused with strong connections to classmates, faculty, and mentors. How can you leverage these traits to increase engagement with this population? How can you overcome limitations of our current public health crisis and turn those into opportunities?
Join us online to hear from Mario Peraza at the University of California San Francisco, a graduate-only institution leading the way in health sciences. He’ll show you how he’s used meaningful programming and communications to make professional and graduate school alumni feel more connected to the campus and each other, and how he has adapted their programming to a low-cost, online environment to increase alumni engagement.
In small groups, you’ll connect with your colleagues at similar graduate institutions to share ideas and brainstorm solutions around communication, engagement, and programming for your unique alumni populations. You'll walk away inspired to try new tips and strategies for engaging with your graduate and professional alumni in ways that really speak to their unique needs and interests.
Who Should Attend
Anyone working in alumni relations at institutions with graduate or professional-level alumni will find this training beneficial. Career counselors who have a partnership with Alumni Relations may also find this webcast helpful.
For each of the following three topics, you will hear success stories from the speaker and then participate in a brainstorming activity with your peers to generate new ideas:
- Communicate in a way that engages your graduate and professional alumni
- Host compelling virtual reunion weekends and content-heavy events
- Create online spaces that encourage your alumni to connect
Executive Director of Alumni Relations, University of California San Francisco
Mario Peraza is the Executive Director of Alumni Relations. In this role, Mario guides the vision and direction for the alumni programming and engagement of the over 67,000 living alumni, as well as provides leadership and support for the Alumni Association of UCSF. He also serves as the liaison between alumni relations and various campus partners. Mario leads a team of professional staff and alumni volunteers that together leverage and expand alumni relationships, connections, and networks across all areas of health care.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.