Get inspired to take your institution’s Instagram strategy to the next level.
Did you know that the United States is home to almost 105 million Instagram users, leading global rankings? The photo and video focused social network popular with young adults has recently reached 1 billion global users and is forecasted to keep up its fast-paced growth in 2019 and beyond.
In the context of higher ed, it’s evident that institutions need to do even more to capitalize on all features of the platform — including Stories, IGTV, and the main feed — to engage current and prospective students. An increasing number of institutions are focusing on creating a cohesive strategy to bring their Instagram content more in line with the holistic brand strategy and communication goals.
Join us for this webcast to discover how West Virginia University has achieved a 38% uptick in followers and an increased engagement on this key social media platform within the past year. You will learn more about:
- Higher ed specific best practices for a more integrated and engaging Instagram strategy
- WVU’s Instagram content strategy, supplemented by inspiring examples and strategies
- Ideas for utilizing Instagram’s newer, innovative features such as IGTV
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for higher education marketers and communication professionals who want to elevate their institution’s Instagram strategy.
Throughout this webcast, Geoff Coyle of West Virginia University will outline how the university’s Instagram account has grown to nearly 100,000 – gaining over 28,000 followers in the past year alone – and the overarching strategy they have implemented to ensure their Instagram feed, stories, and IGTV posts are cohesive and on-brand. Along the way, he will share:
- How WVU’s strategy is broken down into three buckets: Brand Awareness, Student Experience, and Academics
- Examples of pictures, stories, and video that have been successful
- Inspiration and strategies to help you enhance Instagram strategy at your institution
- Ideas for dabbling in newer elements of Instagram – such as IGTV
Chief Communications and Integrated Marketing Officer, West Virginia University
Geoff Coyle serves as Social Media Editor for West Virginia University. In this role, Geoff and the rest of the Social team work to promote the University’s message and image for prospective students, current students, and alumni through digital platforms. Prior to joining the team at WVU, Geoff worked in sports television for West Virginia Illustrated, gaining experience as a host and reporter for various network broadcasts. He continues to dabble in the sports realm as a freelance camera operator and a contributor for Stadium. A Maryland native, Geoff graduated from the Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism at West Virginia University.
Questions About the Event? Email this event’s Program Manager, Kate Poisson.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Webcast recording – a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.