Effective leadership, at its core, begins with a deeper understanding of who you are as a leader as well as the ability to recognize and foster the talents of your team. This two day leadership intensive, facilitated by credentialed coaches and higher education leaders, provides you with a roadmap for healthier and constructive conversations as well as a set of tools to assess your strengths and weaknesses and evaluate your team’s effectiveness. You will leave this training with increased confidence as a higher education leader and better able to serve your team while effectively navigating the layers of upper administration.
Part I: Self Awareness
- Understand and leverage your strengths
- Gain awareness of your blind spots
- Respond better under pressure
Part II: Team Performance
- Assess your team’s effectiveness
- Recognize and develop the talents of your team
- Help team members become more effective
Part III: Interpersonal Skills
- Approach difficult and complex conversations
- Use the right language to coach and mentor colleagues
Is this course right for me?
This training is highly beneficial for first-time or front-line managers who are:
- In the early-stages of a university or college leadership position
- Have been leading for a while without formal leadership training
Past attendees have come from a wide range of departments and positions. If you have any questions about whether this course is right for you, please contact Grace Royal at 720-988-1233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is highly experiential and limited to just 40 participants to maintain a productive learning environment. We anticipate reaching capacity and encourage you to register and reserve your spot early.
Your registration for this program includes two research-based assessments that will be taken and interpreted during the training, so you can evaluate:
- Your core strengths as a leader
- Your leadership style under stress
- Your team’s effectiveness
One-on-One Coaching Sessions Available
Leadership experiences can’t simply begin and end with the program itself. Following the program, you’ll have an opportunity for a one-on-one coaching session with one of the program facilitators to help ensure you’re able to implement what you’ve learned.
Steve Riccio, Lecturer on International Business and Management, Dickinson College
Jennifer Liberty Clark, Instructor of Psychology, Anoka Ramsey Community College