Would you like to feel more confident when leading dialogue that promotes inclusion?
Perhaps you’re working to ensure your staff reflects the diversity of your institution – or maybe you’re witnessing unfair treatment of a colleague because of race, age, or gender. No matter the situation, conversations about these issues can feel tough. With so much to be mindful of, and so much at stake, you may not always feel as comfortable as you could when leading this dialogue around difference.
Join us online to gain confidence in leading your next courageous conversation – dialogue that promotes inclusion and understanding of people’s differences. You will learn about obstacles to these conversations and how to overcome them so that you can build relationships and engage more effectively with diverse groups inside and outside your institution.
Who Should Attend
Whether you’re working in your campus diversity office or you’re building and leading a team in another department on campus, this webcast will help you gain confidence and skills in leading conversations about diversity and difference.
In order to build your confidence and skills to have courageous conversations, you will learn the following:
- How to recognize obstacles to courageous conversations, such as social identities and implicit biases
- How to recognize the difference between intent and impact in your conversations
- Solution-oriented communication techniques that make it easier to start these conversations and increase your impact
Senior Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Harvard University
In his current role, Domonic provides leadership and vision for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion at HGSE, in alignment with school-wide priorities. Rollins executes a broad range of strategic and tactical activities related to the identification, development, and delivery of diversity and inclusion initiatives for faculty, students, and staff. Read Domonic’s full bio here.
Questions About the Event? Email this event’s Program Manager, Lisa Lafflam.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session – a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording – a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.