Civility among faculty can be a complicated and thorny issue when you consider the scope of free speech, academic freedom, and how social media blurs the lines between the personal and professional context. Get an in-depth examination of this increasingly important issue, including concrete steps academic leaders can take to improve civility on campus and address issues as they arise.
Facilitated by experts on civility and academic freedom, this online training will examine scenarios and concrete examples of managing incivility that will inform your own institutional policies and practices.
What You Will Get
- A 90-minute recording you can use to train your team at any time
- Access to the presentation materials; print them out and take notes
- An FAQ document with common questions about free speech and academic freedom
You May Also Enjoy
Conflict Management for Institutional Leaders
You may also be interested in this related online training during which you will learn how to use conflict management tools in appropriate ways to help resolve disputes on campus. Save $50 when you purchase both recordings.
A Program for Academic Administrators
This online training is designed specifically for department chairs, deans, legal counsels, and senior administrators who work with faculty and personnel issues. You will understand the:
- Risks involved in ignoring “toxic” faculty conduct
- Legal context in which civility may be appropriately addressed
- Appropriate policies and procedures for addressing civility while also protecting legitimate academic freedom and constitutional concerns