Capitalize on the momentum of podcasts to advance your marketing and communication goals.
More than 700,000 podcasts exist today, and they’re easier to access than ever before. Also, nearly 75% of podcast listeners want to learn something new. This means that podcasting presents an amazing opportunity for marketing and communications professionals in higher education – if you use the medium correctly.
Join us online to learn from Jenna Spinelle at Penn State, who helped launch the podcast “Democracy Works" in 2018. She’ll show you how to choose the right topic for a podcast, decide where it might fit in your content strategy, and gain buy-in. While we won’t cover techniques like audio editing and script writing, you will leave with the tools necessary to pick out the right gear, find content, and promote your episodes.
Wondering what your institution might podcast about? Some institutions are already producing episodes that are:
- Promoting faculty research and institutional expertise
- Opening the door to new connections and the broader community
- Serving as a recruiting tool for prospective students, donors, and faculty
- Fostering lifelong learning and connections with alumni
- Supplying website content
- Integrating into curricula
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in starting an institutional podcast, especially marketing and communications professionals, will benefit from this webcast.
- What Will I Say, and How Will I Say It?
- Choosing the right topic
- Making the case for a podcast
- Ensuring your podcast isn’t a commercial
- Before and After Pressing Record
- Equipment/resource considerations
- Promoting the podcast to gain internal/external listeners
- Sourcing compelling content
- Setting appropriate expectations
Communications Specialist, McCourtney Institute for Democracy, Penn State
In her current role, Jenna Spinelle is responsible for shaping the institute's external communication, including website content, social media, multimedia, and media outreach. Read Jenna's full bio here.
Questions About the Event? Email this event's Program Manager, Courtney Biedermann.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.