To ensure your faculty, staff, and students are prepared for the future of the workplace and are well positioned to become the leaders of tomorrow, it is vital to invest in their leadership development today. You likely already have many leadership development programs across your campus, but they might operate separately from each other, reach limited audiences, or struggle to self-sustain. A more effective way to offer leadership development is to create a single program that is easily accessible, inclusive to all, and embedded in the fabric of your everyday work.
Join us online and learn how Columbus State University has done just that. No longer is their leadership development distributed across multiple departments across campus — instead, they have created a self-sustaining, centralized, and integrated model that embeds leadership training throughout the university. By having faculty, staff, and even students sit side-by-side to share perspectives, they are breaking down barriers and uniting the campus community. In addition, they extend their reach into the larger community by training and collaborating with organizations and business leaders. The benefit of a model like this is that all faculty, staff, and students receive the same message: that their leadership development is important and worth investing in.
Who Should Attend
If you’re looking for ways to unify or strengthen your on-campus leadership programs, this webcast is for you. This training is specifically designed for senior leaders, human resources, or others looking to align and integrate separate and distinct leadership programs.
Section 1: Leadership Development Across All Communities
Our expert instructors will introduce the leadership development programs offered for the following communities:
- Faculty and Staff: L.I.V.E. CSU is a collection of four programs designed to provide all university faculty and staff with leadership programming at various stages of their career.
- Community Leaders: The Leadership Institute is a university-based consulting group that has worked with more than 200 organizations to provide thousands with leadership development, coaching, and more.
- Students: Learn about how the Leadership Institute and L.I.V.E. CSU partner together to include and reach students on campus.
Section 2: The Benefits and Impact of a Centralized and Integrated Model
Hear some success stories and outcome data that demonstrates high levels of engagement and satisfaction as a result of this centralized and integrated model.
Section 3: Key Considerations for Designing a Centralized and Integrated Model
You will learn how Columbus State University has approached the design and development of their centralized model and hear lessons learned for achieving similar integration on your campus. Specifically, you’ll walk away with insights on how Columbus State University has:
- Established a centralized reporting structure for all leadership programming across campus
- Created financial stability by developing a self-sustaining leadership development program
- Included faculty and staff in defining and designing content
- Developed partnerships across campus and aligned those partnerships around common values
- Aligned the leadership curriculum with the strategic plan and values of the university
Assistant Director, Internal Leadership Development, Columbus State University
Chelsea provides leadership development to faculty and staff at Columbus State University and outside Leadership Institute clients. She is a National Certified Counselor, Mindset Qualified in FourSight, and holds several self-assessment tool certifications, including MBTI, FIRO-B and RightPath.
Assistant Vice President of Leadership Development and Executive Director of the Leadership Institute, Columbus State University
Shana is a certified Human Behavior Consultant and Certified Executive Coach. She is certified in a variety of self-assessment tools, including DiSC, Bar-On Emotional Intelligence, Hogan, Myers-Briggs and RightPath. Shana is the lead on strategic planning research, development, and writing for many Leadership Institute clients, including the City of Columbus’ “10 Year Plan to End Homelessness.”
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.