Advanced Leadership Development
in Higher Education
Take a 360° assessment of your leadership, and prepare yourself to better lead at your institution.
Join us for a three-day, intensive leadership development program designed specifically for higher education. This comprehensive, robust, and practical training is facilitated by leadership development experts with more than fifty years of combined experience. As a part of this unique leadership training, you will:
- Complete a 360° assessment and will work in peer-to-peer coaching teams
- Receive one-on-one coaching with the program facilitators
- Master skills in four areas of leadership: personal, interpersonal, team, and systems
- Learn alongside peers from across the enterprise of higher education
- Participate in interactive and experiential sessions to assess and develop your leadership style
- Build a toolkit of leadership techniques and frameworks that you can use immediately
- Develop a leadership portfolio with your strengths and challenges, goals, values, and reflections
Given the intensive nature of the program, middle and senior managers who have experience leading teams or units will benefit from attending. We have intentionally designed this program for administrators across the institution including those on the academic side, such as deans and provosts.
Only the first thirty registrants will be allowed to participate. If you have questions about whether this program is right for you, please contact Amit Mrig, at (720) 988-1210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the highlights of this program is the opportunity to complete a 360° evaluation. Once you register, we will email you with detailed instructions on how to complete the assessment. Your results will be delivered to you at the workshop, and you’ll have an opportunity for a personalized coaching session with one of the program facilitators.
Hear From Past Participants
Over 350 professionals in higher education have gone through this leadership training. It is consistently one of our highest-rated programs and participants tell us that it is intense, illuminating, humbling, and changes the way they think about themselves as leaders. See how this program has helped others become better leaders for their institution.
Dr. Sanaghan serves as the head of The Sanaghan Group, an organizational firm specializing in leadership development, executive coaching, strategic planning, and leadership transitions. Pat has worked with over 200 campuses and hundreds of organizations in the last twenty-five years. He has taught leadership to thousands of leaders in higher education, and helped over one hundred campuses conduct collaborative, transparent strategic planning processes. He is the co-author/author of six books, numerous articles, and several monographs in the fields of strategic planning, leadership, and change management. His most recent books include: Collaborative Leadership in Action and How to Actually Build an Exceptional Team. Dr. Sanaghan also serves as a board member of the College of Saint Benedict in St. Joseph, MN.
In addition to his current position at Cornell, Clint Sidle is the Immediate Past Director, Roy H. Park Leadership Fellows Program, Johnson Graduate School of Management. He is widely sought as a keynote speaker and consultant in leadership development, executive coaching, and managing strategic change. He has worked with Fortune 500 companies, state and local educational systems, and some of the nation's leading universities and nonprofit organizations.
His leadership program in the Johnson School at Cornell has earned national recognition as a unique and powerful contribution to management education. His developmental approach is based on a unique experiential learning model that is the topic of his book The Leadership Wheel: Five Steps to Achieving Individual and Organizational Greatness released in September 2005. He elaborates on the inner aspect of leadership development in his most recent book, This Hungry Spirit: Your Need for Basic Goodness, published in December 2009.
Questions About the Event?
President and CEO, Academic Impressions
“I've been to my fair share of conferences/workshops, but I can honestly say this ranks among the best. What made this conference stand out is not just learning what, but the ‘how’.”
- Sandra McLean, Chief HR Officer, Parker University
“One of the most valuable and directly applicable conference I have attended ... ever.”
- James Moore, Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies, University of California, Santa Cruz
“An intense and illuminating experience enhanced by diverse high caliber conference participants.”
- Janet Egiziano Associate Director, MBA Program CSU Channel Islands
“I came away from this workshop humbled and inspired to become a more effective dynamic leader. I would highly recommend this workshop to all levels of leadership positions.”
- Kevin Campbell, Director of Financial Services, Central Washington University
“The Advanced Leadership Conference was engaging, empowering, and will change the way you think about leadership and lead others.”
- Harriet Watkins, Manager of Academic Partnerships, University of Texas Arlington
“This was an excellent opportunity. The speakers were experts in their fields with many personal examples. The small group interaction was very valuable to my personal growth in leadership.”
- Sharon Chappy, Director of Post-Licensure Programs, University of Wisconsin - OshKosh
“As an emerging leader, I found this (my first conference) experience to be excellent. I learned more about myself as a leader through the raw 360-degree analysis and the leadership wheel. The suggestions, tools, and skills I learned at the conference will be shared with my other colleagues who are emerging leaders at my institution. This conference is a must for all new and mid-career leaders in higher ed.”
- Melissa Lucas, Administrative Director of the Department of Media, Culture and Communication, New York University
“Best leadership conference I have attended. Intense, hard work, but with strong payoff. I left with a plan to help me move forward personally and professionally.”
- Art Sanders, Associate Provost for Curriculum and Assessment, Drake University
“You will learn something you can apply immediately!”
- Jin Wang, Dean of Bill and Vieve Gore School of Business, Westminster College
“Techniques, plug-and-play strategies, experience and networking opportunities...this conference has it all. A must attend.”
- Dr. Hitesh Rai Kathuria, Chair of Department of Science, Indiana University East Richmond