In an effort to increase retention, create leadership opportunities for students, and reduce costs, campuses are increasingly turning to peer mentor programs as one ideal solution. To help you as you develop or improve the effectiveness of your peer mentor program, we offer this Special Edition, bringing together experts from diverse institutions to offer their advice and lessons learned.
In this edition, you will find the following complimentary articles:
- “Debunked: Myths About Peer Mentoring” (November 2013)
- “Panel: How Peer Mentoring Can Assist Students in Niche Programs or Niche Institutions” (November 2013)
- “Training Peer Mentors for First-Year Students: What’s Missing” (June 2012)
- “3 Ways to Help Peer Educators Succeed” (June 2012)
- “Tips for Establishing Paid Peer Mentor Positions” (March 2012)