This report includes four chapters:
- Rethinking Your Capital Planning Process: Focusing on the Student Experience
- Improving Student Learning with Well-Designed Student Life Facilities
- Improving Student Learning with Well-Designed Academic Facilities
- Funding Facilities and Facilities Improvements in the Current Market
Reconsidering the Physical Campus
Improvement and stewardship of the physical campus is key to your institution's competitiveness. It is critical to treat your physical campus as a resource, and manage it effectively and efficiently.
With more intentional management of your facilities, you can:
- Positively impact college choice (for students and faculty)
- Foster learning and student success
- Foster a sense of community and pride in the campus
- Better prioritize needed renovation and new construction
Yet too often, institutions make ad hoc and reactive decisions. And just as often, critical decisions are made without all of the key voices at the table -- from academic leaders to the registrar, student housing, and facilities management.
For this report, we've interviewed officials from across the college campus who have shown proven success in fostering cross-campus planning and buy-in around investments in physical facilities. These experts from the trenches bring outside-the-box thinking and a strategic, proactive perspective. We hope their advice will be useful to you.
We hope you’re enjoying this read. The full text of this article or report is complimentary for Academic Impressions members. Please login to your member account to read it!
If you're signed up to receive our Daily Pulse, but your institution does not have an active membership, you won't have access to this article.
FIND OUT ABOUT MEMBERSHIP:
An Academic Impressions membership provides multiple users on your campus with unlimited access to exclusive reports, research briefs, hundreds of free webcasts and online trainings, and discounts on conferences. Learn more about membership and get unlimited training and reading for you and your team today.