Table of Contents
Learn practical ways to prepare your institution for an activity-based costing (ABC) model. During this training, we will walk you through how this model works, ways to assess your readiness to make this shift, and key considerations for the implementation process. You will leave better prepared to answer questions such as:
- How is ABC being deployed for financial and academic decisions?
- What’s the best way to determine cost/revenue drivers?
- How can I prepare for the full ABC implementation cycle?
- What are the system requirements for a successful ABC implementation?
Through an illustrative, simplified model in Excel, our expert will answer your key questions related to the what, why, and how of ABC so you may better prepare for implementing the model on your campus.
- ABC Model: Components and Considerations
- Features and comparisons
- How it’s used in higher education
- Cultural considerations for the model
- Calculating Cost and Revenue Drivers
- Non-timetabled activities
- Multiple campuses
- Facilities calculations
- Preparing for the Implementation Cycle
- Data collection
- Systems requirements
- Source data considerations
- Piloting a small-scale analysis
Who should attend?
This training is designed for senior academic administrators, financial officers, and institutional researchers interested in data-informed decision-making. Attendees will leave with the ability to make more informed decisions on how to proceed with ABC on their campus.