Table of Contents
Learn how to set common goals with your supervisor and align them to your institution’s strategic objectives.
“Managing up” is about aligning priorities to better serve your institution and students. By focusing on common goals, you can be an invaluable resource to your supervisor managing a full plate, helping them to understand a more complete perspective, and use your strengths to complement theirs. This webcast will give attendees strategies to find common goals with their supervisors and to use those intersections to move ideas forward that are mutually beneficial to you, your supervisor, and your institution.
- Identifying your mission, vision, values, and priorities
- You will have an opportunity to self-identify what your overall priorities are and what you have been hired to accomplish.
- Understanding your supervisor’s mission, vision, values, and priorities
- You will use a worksheet to outline your understanding of your supervisor’s top priorities and concerns. Where do they overlap with your priorities?
- Aligning to the institution’s goals
- You will look at the overall goals of the institution and map those according to the priorities you identified in sections one and two.
Who should attend?
Anyone looking to achieve a better working relationship with his or her manager by finding common goals, mission, and vision.