Table of Contents
Is fear impacting your career growth? Identify 3 key resources to achieve your goals.
Have you ever found yourself stuck in a swirl of fear, asking questions like: What if I don’t get the job? What if I do get the job, and I can’t do it? What if I’m underqualified? What if I’m overqualified? What if I’m too old? What if I’m too young? What if I don’t get paid enough? What will my parents/children/partner/team think?
You are not alone. It’s not uncommon to experience doubt; however, if you are making career decisions from a place of overwhelm, guilt, and fear, you may be missing out on great opportunities and tremendous joy. During this session, our expert speaker and coach will share how she herself has faced her “fear beasts” and will share three resources to help keep you going when the fear creeps in.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in exploring how to identify, understand, and work through fear when it impacts your career goals will benefit from this program.
- During the first part of the session, we will engage in reflection to help you identify your specific fears. What are they? Where do they come from? How are they holding you back?
- Next, we will explore the internal and external resources that can create a network of support to help you to continue moving forward despite the fear. We will discuss three key resources:
- Support: What relationships help you to feel supported? How can you intentionally grow your network?
- Sounding Board: Who is an unbiased third party that can help you to successfully strategize?
- Self-Efficacy: How can you draw upon past successes, your purpose and motivation, and your network to build confidence in your ability to achieve your career goals?