Table of Contents
Learn about a model in which you can merge master planning processes with comprehensive condition audits in order to reduce deferred maintenance backlogs. Tim Carey, Associate Vice President for Facilities at Ithaca College, will highlight:
- The power of linking deferred maintenance to campus planning processes
- The specific tactics Ithaca College used to reduce their backlog
- How you can begin to experience similar success no matter what your campus context
Even if your institution is not getting ready for a planning process, you will leave with tips on how to reduce your deferred maintenance backlog more thoughtfully / systematically.
A Short Broadcast
This is a short broadcast designed to showcase thoughtful practices in higher education. You will hear a colleague’s success story, learn main successes and challenges of a model, and have the opportunity to ask questions and receive a few pieces of advice about how to proceed on your campus.
Who should attend?
If you are tasked with reducing deferred maintenance but feel like you’re jumping from one maintenance project to the next without a solid understanding of the big picture, then this broadcast is for you. You’ll find the broadcast especially relevant if your campus:
- Is about to undertake a strategic/master planning process, OR
- Has not yet undertaken a comprehensive condition audit, OR
- Has leadership support for integrated deferred maintenance planning between departments, OR
- Is looking for ways to engage key stakeholders in identifying and prioritizing deferred maintenance projects