Table of Contents
Join us for two online sessions that will show you how to plan for and implement a Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) structure on your campus for the first time. Using case studies rooted in the practical leadership experience of our instructor, you will gain an in-depth overview of how to take the necessary steps toward implementing a SEM structure at your institution.
In session one, Planning for SEM at Community Colleges, we will focus on making the case for a SEM model at community colleges and discuss how you can approach the initial planning process on your campus. You will learn a number of smart practices and strategies about how two-year institutions should approach the planning process and will explore critical questions surrounding the adoption of SEM. If you are just beginning to consider SEM at your institution or are in the early stages of planning your model, this session is for you.
In session two, Implementing SEM at Community Colleges, we will focus on moving from the planning to the implementation stage of your new SEM model. You will learn how to operationalize new marketing and recruitment tactics, education and training, and technology improvements. If you have already made progress with your planning phase and need a more “advanced” level discussion, this session is for you.
Session One: Planning for SEM at Community Colleges
Learning Outcome: After participating in this webcast, you will be better able to make the case for implementing a SEM model on your community college campus.
- Making the Case for a SEM Model
- Why SEM at the community college level?
- Challenges and opportunities
- Aligning stakeholders
- Strategies for making the case
- Planning for a SEM Model: First Steps
- Organizational structures
- SEM committee formation
- Personnel: staffing and talent management
- Process reorganization
Session Two: Implementing SEM at Community Colleges
Learning Outcome: After participating in this webcast, you will be better equipped to implement or further integrate a SEM model at your own two-year institution.
- Implementing Your SEM Model
- Data and reporting mechanisms
- Technology improvements
- Marketing and recruitment tactics
- Ongoing education and training
- Moving Forward: Results and Ongoing Challenges
- Measuring results
- The York Tech example: Lessons learned and ongoing challenges from the front-line
- Looking to the future: what’s next
Who should attend?
Enrollment Management, Student Affairs, and Academic Affairs professionals will all benefit from these webcasts. We encourage attendees to participate in institutional teams consisting of members from these different functional areas.