Be able to quickly make informed and effective strategic and operational decisions that will define your institution for years to come.
Bring this training to your campus.
This experiential workshop is designed for higher ed leaders who want to be ready to make key strategic and operational decisions during a crisis. This hands-on workshop features a crisis simulation through which you will learn how to:
- Recognize a crisis and gauge the seriousness of the situation
- Identify and build the right team to respond, and define each member’s roles and responsibilities
- Lead a comprehensive response, while also managing the day-to-day operations
- Make critical decisions in responding to the crisis
- Ensure that your institution emerges stronger on the other side
Bring this training to your campus and learn how to avoid long-term mission and brand damage with our expert instructors, who collectively have 35 years of experience in higher education and 59 years of experience in the US Military. Their unique approach to this workshop is born directly from their extensive experience in training and mentoring senior army leaders in crisis action and execution.
- Recognizing and reporting a potential crisis
- Staying ahead of the crisis decision cycle
- Determining the right people to serve on your Crisis Action Team
- Selecting an appropriate Crisis Action Team leader
- Leading your institution through a crisis when time is your enemy and information is imperfect
- Determining key leadership decision points along the crisis continuum
- Crafting an initial press statement
- Ensuring that normal college operations continue even in the midst of the crisis
- Effectively managing and keeping your board informed during a crisis
Additional Tools and Resources
- A crisis simulation to apply the skills learned during this workshop
- Framework to outline Crisis Action Team response during and after an emergent crisis
- Hands-on development of your Crisis Action Team and team leader
- Proven tools to help synchronize your crisis action events and your normal college operations
Get More Information for Your Campus
Complete the form below and an Academic Impressions Program Manager will follow up with you to discuss the program and options for your campus.