Become certified in facilitating this intuitive and highly practical leadership assessment on your own campus.
The Five Paths to Leadership℠ Self-Assessment has been used with tens of thousands of faculty and staff in higher education with almost universal praise. The assessment is unique and valuable because it:
- Is designed to reflect that leaders have to be adaptive—rather than getting fixed scores only on certain paths, the assessment recognizes that you have to lead from all of the paths to be effective.
- Is highly intuitive and practical, and it can be applied to a variety of leadership tasks, including: running more effective meetings, communicating, collaborating, delegating, planning, and making more effective decisions.
- Reveals how your leadership style changes under stress.
For the first time, Academic Impressions is allowing university-based practitioners to become certified in the assessment, and to both support individual leaders as well as to facilitate workshops with groups of leaders.
Who should attend?
We invite anyone to become certified, and in particular, we encourage HR, faculty affairs, faculty, diversity officers, student affairs professionals, and others to consider this opportunity.
Note that certification is limited to using the assessment within an individual institution; certification does not allow you to facilitate public workshops where leaders from multiple institutions participate.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Mountain time (local time in Denver, CO)
Day 2: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Mountain time
In this one-and-a-half-day workshop, you will do a deep dive into The Five Paths to Leadership℠ Self-Assessment and will learn the:
- Origin story of the model.
- Ways that the model compares to others out there (Strengths, MBTI, etc.).
- Inner workings of how wisdom turns to shadow.
- Design of the model, including how to understand each path, the tensions between them, and how fear and insecurity play into each path.
- Best practices to facilitate the session, including common scenarios/questions.
- Most effective exercises to make the sessions interactive and applied.
- Scoring model, and how to help others interpret their scores.
- Ways each path influences a person’s leadership, both individually and collectively.
- Way that intersectionality plays into the Five Paths.
The session will be highly interactive and applied, and it will model the same activities that we recommend using when facilitating the sessions.
Attending this one-and-a-half-day event is your first step toward certification. Following the session you will have:
- Access to three one-on-one coaching sessions with AI staff to provide just-in-time support to help you to prepare, design, and facilitate The Five Paths to Leadership℠ trainings on your own campus.
- The ability to begin delivering workshops on your own campus. Participants will be required to rate your facilitation using an Academic Impressions evaluation form. To receive the certification, you must meet specific benchmarks in terms of your effectiveness (details to be shared at the February 2024 workshop).
Note that certification enables you to facilitate The Five Paths to Leadership℠ workshops for as many audiences you’d like, at the organization of your current employment. Facilitation of the Five Paths to Leadership℠ workshops outside of your organization is expressly prohibited.
Expand Your Leadership Programming
Pair this facilitation certification opportunity with a two-day workshop to help you to develop leaders on your own campus with Building an In-House Leadership Development Program in Higher Education. This workshop also uses the Five Paths to Leadership℠ Self-Assessment and takes place in Denver during the same week, over February 26–27, 2024. Register for both and receive a $500 discount! Use the coupon code inhouse-fivepaths-bundle when registering for both events to receive the discount.
The training will be conducted in person at Academic Impressions’ Denver-based office at: 5299 DTC Blvd, Suite 1400, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Nearby hotel suggestions:
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center – 3-star hotel
8300 E Crescent Pkwy, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Distance from office: 0.5 miles if driving, 0.3 miles if walking
Denver Marriott Tech Center – 4-star hotel
4900 S Syracuse St, Denver, CO 80237
Distance from office: 0.9-1.2 miles, depending on route
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center – 4-star hotel
7800 E Tufts Ave, Denver, CO 80237
Distance from office: 1.1 miles
Five Paths to Leadership℠ Self-Assessment Facilitation Certification Training
Number of Attendees:
Enter attendee details below if you know them. If not, don't worry. You can provide attendee information at any time before the event.