After participating in this online training, you will be able to use career services data to improve the impact of your program.
Learn how you can update your career services reporting strategy with existing resources. You will be provided ideas and resources to help ensure that you are collecting the right data to better analyze your office’s performance. Obtain tips for how to better identify, track, and analyze metrics in order to:
- Harness the power of analytics in the career center
- Increase student engagement
- Develop tailored programming
- Advocate for resources tied to outcomes
- Make data-informed decisions
Who Should Attend
Career services professionals who are tasked with demonstrating and improving effectiveness with measurable outcomes cannot miss this training. Career advisors, counselors, and alumni engagement professionals will also benefit from this webcast.
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
1:00 - 2:00 p.m. EDT
- Defining analytics in higher education
- Background and examples of institutional uses
- Establishing a program for data collection
- Assessing existing sources of data
- Evaluating data reliability
- Establishing buy-in and a program for data collection
- Moving from assumptions to data-driven decision-making
- Learning to answer and automate questions
- Strategies for telling your story with data
Director of the Hiatt Career Center
Jon is a frequent writer, presenter, and trainer on career development theory, data analytics, and learning outcome assessment in career services. He presents at national and state career associations, as well as invited trainings at college career centers. Additionally, Jon has recent articles in the NACE journal, as well as peer-reviewed publications. His passion is student career development and working with career center staff. Prior to joining Brandeis, Jon was the Assistant Director for Strategic Planning and Communication in Career Services at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Live Webcast Registration + Digital Recording
- Access to the live webcast: Invite your team!
- Links to all presentation materials and resources
- Permanent digital recording of the live webcast
Questions About the Event?
Elizabeth Ross Hubbell
Program Manager, Academic Impressions