Are you looking for a better way to match your employer partners with diverse students?
You know it’s important to put your employer partners in front of your diverse students. But events that reach the most students, such as panels and info sessions, may not resonate with your students as they have in the past.
Join us online to hear how UNC Charlotte has created a targeted approach to matching employers with diverse students – one focused on sustainability and quality, not quantity. You will learn how UNC Charlotte:
- Created and uses a survey to assess their employer partners’ needs, so they can match students with intention
- Retooled an existing program (Career Treks), which brings students to employers so the students can witness the work involved, and as a result, better meets the needs of its diverse students and employer partners while also managing its own resources effectively
- Built a referral system with the student diversity groups on campus to make finding diverse students on campus quicker and easier for employers
Who Should Attend
Career services and employer relations professionals who are looking to build more meaningful and intentional diversity recruitment events with their employer partners will benefit from this webcast.
- Understanding UNC Charlotte’s Initiatives — Our expert will share lessons learned about:
- Employer Surveys – Learn how data is used to match diverse students with employer needs in a more targeted way
- Partnership with Sealed Air – Learn how students were invited to the employer’s location for high-quality networking through the Career Treks program
- Student Diversity Group Referral System – Learn how UNC Charlotte approaches marketing and communication with their student diversity groups on campus
- Brainstorming Applications on Your Own Campus – Our speaker will guide you through an exercise to help you apply the lessons learned to your own campus.
Associate Director for Employer Management, UNC Charlotte
Jay Skipworth works with the Employer Relations team to bring employers to campus to recruit UNC Charlotte students for various employment opportunities. This team coordinates with a wide variety of employers to find talent for the next generation of leaders in the workforce. Prior to joining the University Career Center, Jay worked at Auburn University as Assistant Director for Employer Relations in the Career Center and the Office of Professional and Career Development in the Harbert College of Business. Jay also worked for Troy University, Northwest-Shoals Community College and the University of North Alabama. Read Jay's full bio here.
Questions About the Event? Email this event's Program Manager, Lisa Lafflam.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.