Graduate and professional alumni typically aren’t as engaged with their alma mater as their undergraduate counterparts. But graduate alumni are often highly career-focused with strong connections to classmates, faculty, and mentors. How you can leverage these traits to increase engagement with this population?
Join us online to hear from Mario Peraza at the University of California San Francisco, a graduate-only institution leading the way in health sciences. He’ll show you how he’s used meaningful programming and volunteer opportunities to increase alumni engagement, and you’ll leave with sample programs you can adapt to make your professional and graduate school alumni feel more connected:
- Alumni Weekend: Centering robust 5-year reunion programming around scientific content
- UCSF Connect: Providing virtual networking and mentoring in partnership with the university career center
- UCSF Alumni Advocates: Mobilizing the alumni community as advocates for university priorities at local, state, and federal levels
Who Should Attend
Anyone working in alumni relations at institutions with graduate or professional level alumni will find this training beneficial. Career counselors who have a partnership with Alumni Relations may also find this webcast helpful.
- Programming and Communications for Graduate and Professional Alumni
- Ideas for communicating with graduate and professional alumni
- Ideas for professional conferences, reunion weekends, and content-heavy events
- Meaningful volunteering opportunities
- Creating online spaces for alumni to connect (UCSF Connect, UC Career Programming)
- Measuring Engagement and Giving
- Quantifying and demonstrating the impact of your work
- Increasing alumni giving through demonstrating impact
Executive Director of Alumni Relations, University of California San Francisco
In this role, Mario guides the vision and direction for the alumni programming and engagement of the over 60,000 living alumni, as well as provides leadership and support for the Alumni Association of UCSF. He also serves as the liaison between alumni relations and various campus partners. Mario leads a team of professional staff and alumni volunteers that together leverage and expand alumni relationships, connections, and networks across all areas of health care. Read Mario's full bio here.
Questions About the Event? Email this event's Program Manager, Courtney Biedermann.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.