Train your entire shop on important FERPA regulatory obligations to protect your institution from civil liability, negative publicity, and possible exclusion from federal aid programs. This program will cover:
- Which general shop information is covered under FERPA regulations
- How to determine if a particular piece of shop information is covered or exempt
- How the regulations have changed your shop’s obligations
- Case studies for particularly troubling, yet common, information
- How the FERPA requirements fit into your greater regulatory obligations
Every staff member needs to be trained on FERPA. Add the recording to your training library to train new hires and give veteran fundraisers a refresher.
Who Should Attend
All U.S. advancement stakeholders who retrieve and/or use alumni data will benefit from attendance. Novice participants will leave able to ensure that all FERPA requirements are addressed in every data request. Decision-makers will walk away with key information to consider when forming shop policy. Both groups will gain from a discussion of common shop information issues through a case-study format.