Hear how students from one institution are changing the culture around mental health across their campus.
With mental health concerns growing on college campuses, the need for prevention and promotion work on your campus is more critical than ever. The ability to engage your students in peer education is a much-needed solution as it allows you to effectively manage your counseling case load and resources, expand your reach, engage diverse students and reduce stigma in a non-threatening way.
Join us online to hear how the University of Alabama at Birmingham has integrated peer educators throughout campus to create a culture of mental health awareness and tolerance. You will get advice on how to replicate the successes of UAB’s award-winning training program, as well as their events and outreach initiatives.
Who Should Attend
Whether you already have a peer educator program for mental health or are looking to start one, this webcast will help your health and counseling center staff or health promotion staff ensure that peer educators are having maximum impact.
Vice Presidents and Assistant Vice Presidents for Health and Wellness who want to understand their role in serving as stakeholder and proponents for mental health on their campus should also attend.
This webcast will showcase how the University of Alabama at Birmingham uses their mental health peer educators to foster a culture of mental health across its campus. You will learn how UAB:
- Selects and trains their mental health peer educators
- Engages their mental health peer educators during events and campus outreach initiatives
- Uses mental health peer educators to build partnerships across campus
Mandy Parente, M.Ed., CHES
Interpersonal Violence Prevention Coordinator, Wellness Promotion, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Mandy Parente is the Interpersonal Violence Prevention Coordinator and the coordinator for peer education services at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Health Education and Health Promotion at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Read Mandy’s full bio here.
Questions About the Event? Email this event’s Program Manager, Lisa Lafflam.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session – a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording – a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.