Many student affairs leaders have executed small fundraising efforts; very few have a strategic plan to gain support that can sustain or grow critical initiatives. Join us online to explore a proven model for developing a systematized fundraising operation for your student affairs division. You will leave with considerations for:
- Identifying fundraising priorities
- Structuring your fundraising operation
- Setting achievable goals for your department
- Building cross-campus relationships to meet goals
Who Should Attend
Student affairs leaders who are searching for a strategic approach to alternative revenue streams will benefit from the models and insight provided in this training. Fundraising professionals will gain a clearer understanding of the needs and drivers for student affairs offices, helping to more effectively articulate the joint mission.
After participating in this online training you will be able to begin planning a systematized fundraising operation in your student affairs division.
- Identifying Student Affairs Fundraising Priorities
- Selecting and managing funding initiatives and projects
- Long term vs. project driven fundraising
- Building a Student Affairs Fundraising Structure
- Developing the advancement partnership
- Utilizing external input
- Training your team on fundraising skills
- Setting Goals in Student Affairs Fundraising
Dr. Ajay Nair, Senior Vice President & Dean, Campus Life, Emory University
Dr. Ajay Nair is an accomplished scholar and student affairs leader whose interests include immigration, race, and ethnicity. As Emory’s chief student advocate for nearly 13,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Dr. Nair shoulders a broad portfolio of responsibilities ranging from intercollegiate athletics and the Greek experience to student health services and residence life. Dr. Nair provides leadership and strategic direction in cultivating an ethically engaged community consistent with Emory’s vision. Under his leadership, Campus Life has established a model fundraising operation that has significantly increased alumni, parent, and family engagement.
Previously, Nair served as senior associate vice provost for student affairs at the University of Pennsylvania. He also has held positions at Columbia University, Penn State University, and the University of Virginia. During his tenure in higher education, he has served in a variety of capacities as faculty member, student affairs administrator, and academic administrator.