Ensure compliance with your endowed funds.
Knowing and communicating the financial health of your endowed funds will show your donors that their gift remains in good hands, which increases the potential for further giving. Now is the perfect time to review your endowed funds to ensure they remain:
- Legal: In compliance with rules and regulations
- Possible: To be rewarded according to fund criteria
- Practical: Able to be administered within reasonable limits
Join us for a three-hour virtual training to develop a plan of action for your next endowed funds audit. You will learn a step-by-step process to help you confirm whether your endowed funds are meeting both institutional compliance and donor intent. You will also identify potential risks and communication strategies for donors whose funds have been misspent, unspent, or are underwater. You’ll walk away with clearly defined next steps that will help you move your endowed fund audit forward.
Who Should Attend
If you’re an advancement services or donor relations professional who wants to ensure funds are used as intended or if you’re looking to improve your compliance and auditing of your endowed funds, this is the training for you and your team.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Eastern
To help you keep your endowed funds healthy and intact for years to come, our instructor will guide you through the following:
The process of researching what existing gifts your institution holds is a cross-departmental collaboration effort between advancement services, development officers, donor relations, and legal counsel. To help you succeed in this endeavor, you will learn:
- Strategies to build buy-in from institutional stakeholders
- How to communicate to donors when their funds need revision
- Best practices for maintaining accurate gift documentation
Conducting the audit to ensure gift income was spent in accordance with donor interests provides confidence to those who give after you communicate your findings – leaving the door open to other potential gifts. You will learn:
- What compliance should look like and what tools you need to verify compliance
- Strategies to overcome both logistical and external obstacles to achieve auditing success
- Where and how to store findings for reporting purposes
Assistant Vice President for Advancement Operations, Chautauqua Foundation
Debbie Meyers has worked in advancement for more than 30 years, much of that time in higher education. Recently, she began her new role at Chautauqua Institution, heading their foundation’s advancement operations. In addition to creating or enhancing donor relations and stewardship programs at the University of Maryland, Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Florida, she has built communications and development programs for a Catholic high school, an art museum and a health center development office.