Walk away with strategies to help your hybrid homecoming make a big impact.
Homecoming is every institution’s largest event bringing together current students, alumni, and donors. Last year, many institutions canceled or postponed homecoming due to COVID-19. This year, many institutions are not only planning on having them, but for the first time, they will be hybrid.
Join us online to learn, discuss, and share best practices for planning and executing a hybrid homecoming so that your events this year are the most inclusive yet. During this training, you’ll get tips for how to:
- Identify the technical and personnel requirements needed for a successful hybrid homecoming
- Identify resources and best practices you already have in place
- Prepare your staff and volunteers
- Pivot your plans in the moment to be responsive to any change in plans
Who Should Attend
Alumni relations teams that are involved with the planning and execution of homecoming will greatly benefit from this training. Come prepared to share your best practices and ask questions in small group breakouts.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Eastern
In this training, you will be encouraged to share your best practices and plans for homecoming. Additionally, you will learn:
Homecoming Planning Process
Bringing together all of the stakeholders and resources you need for the largest event of the year can be a challenge. You will learn how to approach your planning process, focusing on what digital strategies to incorporate into your events. Since this hybrid approach is the new norm, this session will orient you to:
- The components of your homecoming that can and should be hybrid
- The parts of your planning process that need to be adjusted to accommodate a hybrid approach
- The challenges you might encounter in going hybrid and how to overcome them
Executing Homecoming Events
There are many events that take place over homecoming weekend. This session will help you focus your efforts on those that everyone loves the most while also making sure they are successful in the hybrid format.
Ryan Barnhart, DHSc
Dean, General Education and First-Year Experience, Salem University | Distinguished Adjunct Professor and Alumni Steering Committee Member, Northcentral University | Ex-Officio Member, Cal U of PA Alumni Board of Directors
Ryan is a three-time CASE Award-winning higher education professional with nearly two decades of experience in the higher ed space, with expertise and experience in everything from strategic enrollment management and planning, curriculum design and instruction, to development and alumni relations, with digital media, event planning, retention, and strategic leadership as well. Ryan is a passionate and creative force for the advancement and improvement of the higher education model.