To improve your reach and avoid regulatory agency attention, start improving social media accessibility today.
More and more institutions are facing scrutiny over the accessibility of their websites, and now, that same conversation is turning to social media. While the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) doesn’t currently offer guidance related specifically to social media, the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) is calling out institutions that aren’t ensuring posts and content are accessible.
Join us online to learn how you should begin integrating accessibility and inclusivity into your social media channels – greatly improving the way all people can receive your content and key messages. You’ll hear from Erika Boltz, social media coordinator from the University of Florida Health, who’s already worked through OCR reviews in her career. She’ll share what it takes to craft proper image descriptions, captions, and inclusive language.
Who Should Attend
Marketing/communication and social media professionals in higher education who want to provide more accessibility to their posts and content should attend this webcast. You should also invite interns working on your social media team.
- Social Media Accessibility 101
- Image descriptions
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Accessibility features by platform
- Using Inclusive Language to Improve Your Reach
Social Media Coordinator, University of Florida Health
Erika has spent the last eight years working to connect with students and to tell their stories on the internet through innovative content creation. She’s definitely the one to send your social media accessibility questions to. She is also an ally and activist in both the LGBTQIA+ and disability communities. You can find her on social at @EFBoltz and read Erika’s full bio here.
Questions About the Event? Email this event’s Program Manager, Courtney Biedermann.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session – a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording – a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.