Transportation Demand Management (TDM) has become an increasingly accepted and popular solution to the campus parking crisis. To be successful, however, TDM initiatives require cooperation and collaborative planning between campus transportation officials and representatives of your local community.
In this monograph, Spenser Havlick, Professor Emeritus, University of Colorado Boulder, provides an array of tested and proven town-gown parking solutions. More specifically, the report will offer you:
- Case studies of effective “in tandem” TDM initiatives
- Five sample projects you might pilot together with local town officials
- A bike-share program
- A neighborhood parking program
- Congestion pricing
- Pedestrian and bike paths
- Hosting a shared bike-to-campus/bike-to-work day
- Advice on what to do when a project falters
- Tips for building long-term constituency and collaboration between town and gown
This is a downloadable PDF. Upon payment, you will find your book available to download in the Downloads section of My Account. The link is active for 30 days.
Each print and digital copy purchased is licensed to the individual purchaser. Academic Impressions restricts the purchaser from making copies of this book or distributing digital copies for any reason.