What you need to know to work more effectively with your donor's financial team
More gift officers find themselves in direct conversation with a donor's financial team - this makes it more difficult to make the emotional case for support, and requires special care and consideration for which not all gift officers are prepared.
Learn how to talk with your donor's financial team effectively to ensure a successful gift planning process. You will come away with:
- A deeper understanding of financial and longevity planning considerations
- How FAs, CPAs, and attorneys can influence the gift planning process
- Talking points you can use with these critical team members
Who Should Attend
Gift officers working in major or planned giving will benefit the most from this training. Those working in prospect development may also find value in helping to support gift officers in these conversations.
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
1:00 - 2:00 p.m. EDT
- Financial Planning and Longevity Planning Considerations
- Meet a sample donor
- Retirement planning and retirement accounts
- Long term planning considerations
- Working and Coordinating with the Donor’s Team
- Financial Advisor
- Certified Public Accountant
Marianne is a Senior Director in the Office of Gift Planning and Leadership Giving with the University of Colorado. In her role, she primarily supports the fundraising efforts of the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs Advancement team and assists donors and their advisors in considering and designing charitable giving plans as part of their personal financial and estate planning. She has formerly held gift planning positions at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO and the University of the Pacific in Stockton, CA.
Marianne graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 1982 with a B.A. in Psychology and from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1985 with a Juris Doctorate. She has practiced law in Oklahoma and Colorado in the areas of bankruptcy, civil litigation, wills/trusts/probate, family law, contracts, and business formation. Marianne is a member of the Colorado and El Paso County Bar Associations and a section member of the Elder Law and Trust & Estates committees. She belongs to the Colorado Planned Giving Roundtable (former board member), the Partnership for Philanthropic Planning, the American Council on Gift Annuities and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
Live Webcast Registration + Digital Recording
- Access to the live webcast: Invite your team!
- Links to all presentation materials and resources
- Permanent digital recording of the live webcast
Questions About the Event?
Associate Program Manager, Academic Impressions