Designed for institutions that are looking to invest in the development and success of their department chairs as leaders and managers. This workshop is a great fit if you want a leadership program:
- that’s highly practical and skills-based
- troubleshoot scenarios that department chairs will face during their tenure
- provides practical advice and skills that every department chair needs
- develop tools and tactics to help your department chairs be successful in their duties
- sharpen the skills needed to both manage and lead an academic department
- to improve the strategic vision of your academic department and faculty colleagues
- targeted at aspiring, new, and experienced department chairs
Get More Information for Your Campus
Complete the form below and an Academic Impressions Program Manager will follow up with you to discuss the on-campus workshop and options for your campus.
Which Format Is Right for Me?
Don’t take it from us - See it for yourself.
Trying to decide whether an On-Campus Workshop is right for your team before committing? Come to one of our conferences to see for yourself how we are different and gain insight into Academic Impressions’ competitive edge. Browse our upcoming conferences.
- Effective identification of issues, productive framing of communications with stakeholders, and management of unanticipated and longstanding conflicts
- Leverage leadership qualities to manage productively
- Understanding the ability to work with others, both inside and outside of the department, to create a vision for the future and to energize others to make that vision a reality
- Shape performance standards and develop expectations for appropriate faculty and staff behavior
- How to motivate and inspire others to work towards departmental goals
- Strategies on how to effectively manage difficult colleagues
Tangible Resources and Tools You Get:
- Workbooks to help you:
- Set the stage for effective leadership
- Set performance expectations
- An action plan for creating a department level shared vision for the future
- Due diligence checklists on:
- Drivers of campus conflict and how to approach them
- Prepare for difficult conversations and
- Dispute resolution essentials