Table of Contents
Identify ways for your campus to better support students with undeclared majors.
Gain strategies and tactics to help you be more intentional in your advising support of undeclared students. Haley Richards from Colorado State University will share how her institution helped undeclared students outpace the average first year GPA, and she will teach you how to incorporate a similar plan of action on your campus. Whether you come from a large or small institution, these strategies can be applied to your unique institutional context.
Who should attend?
This training is designed to appeal to professionals who support undeclared students. This may include representatives from:
- Academic Advising
- Student Support
- Admissions and Orientation
Four Key Strategies to Working with Undeclared Students
- Start the conversation as early as possible
- Build intentional connections and relationships
- Normalize the label of “undeclared“ to reduce the stigma
- Gather campus support for your students