Table of Contents
The main element missing from most peer leader programs is training rooted in outcomes-based learning strategies. Without this, your peer leaders may clearly understand what’s expected of them, but be ill equipped to meet those expectations.
Join us online to learn how you can reconfigure your peer leader training by utilizing outcome-based, active learning strategies that model how peer leaders can develop productive relationships with their mentees. Our expert instructor will share ideas for applying this approach to peer leader trainings before and during the term.
- Opening the Training Session
- Utilizing Learning Outcomes
- Building an Effective Training Environment
- Facilitating the Session
- Training Peer Mentors through Active Learning Strategies
- Integrating Community Building Activities
- Concluding the Session
- Guiding Learning Reflection
- Providing Closure
- Determining Next Steps In Peer Leader Development
- Incorporating “Just-in-Time” Trainings
- Evaluating Peer Leader’s Training Needs
Who should attend?
This webcast is ideal for anyone responsible for peer educator programs such as first-year experience, residence life, orientation, academic support, career services, academic advising, and student success programs.