Table of Contents
While many advisors are working to implement the Appreciative Advising® model on campus, the Dream and Design phases often fall short. Though it may be difficult to easily measure outcomes within the Dream phase, it directly informs the Design phase of the model. Learn how to facilitate the Dream phase of Appreciative Advising to better solidify your students’ aspirations and use the Design phase to outline a plan that will help achieve them.
Who should attend?
Academic advising and student service professionals will benefit from better developing the Dream and Design phases of Appreciative Advising. Administrators supervising advising departments are also encouraged to attend this online training.
- Key 1: Defining the Dream and Design phases
- Understanding the importance of these phases
- Key 2: Utilizing the Dream and Design phases
- Training advisors on the phases
- Identifying critical outreach points to work with students
- Building and revising a plan to connect students with advisors at key milestones
- Connecting to Academic/Degree/Career Planning
- Key 3: Assessing the Dream and Design phases
- Surveying the student experience
- Using information technology systems for assessment
- Key 4: Impacting campus culture with Appreciative Advisement
- Tips, resources, and implementation questions