Table of Contents
Coaching and Motivating Faculty: A Bootcamp for Department Chairs
September 30, October 7, 14, 21, and 28, 2020
Times: 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Eastern
We look forward to welcoming you to our bootcamp where we will learn and practice coaching and motivating strategies to support faculty through every career stage. We will begin on September 30, 2020, and this course page will connect you to all the information and materials you need. Please take a few minutes to review the agenda and check out the links shared under the Important Links heading.
Materials for each of the five live Modules will be posted on the day of each event, if not sooner.
If you have questions about this event, please reach out to Whitney Egstad, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Session Dates & Times
- September 30 (1:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET)
Module 1: Establishing Baselines in Coaching and Motivating Faculty
- October 7 (1:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET)
Module 2: Coaching and Motivating Assistant Professors
- October 14 (1:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET)
Module 3: Coaching and Motivating Associate Professors
- October 21 (1:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET)
Module 4: Coaching and Motivating Full Professors
- October 28 (1:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET)
Module 5: Coaching and Motivating Other Faculty (Non-Tenure-Track Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, etc.)
Prepare for the Bootcamp
This workshop is intentionally designed to allow for maximum learning, connections, and engagement. We advise the following in order to participate fully in Zoom:
- Headset/earbuds and webcam, if possible
- Click this link to learn about testing your audio and webcam on Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-test-meeting. If you don’t already have the Zoom app, you may be prompted to download it.
Download a copy of Steve Riccio’s new book Take Aim
Exclusive for this bootcamp, Steve Riccio was gracious enough to share this with our group.