In a dynamic and ever-evolving higher education landscape, faculty navigate competing demands on their time, ambiguous expectations, uneven support, and having to learn on the job. Building on 20 years of engagement with faculty, we have developed a comprehensive set of resources designed to help faculty of all types succeed in today’s academy. Knowing that each career stage presents unique challenges, our resources are designed to support faculty holistically as they begin and advance in their academic careers.
- For early and mid-career faculty, our training focuses on the core functions of teaching, research and scholarship, and career advancement in addition to leadership development, general productivity, and well-being.
- Faculty success begins at the top, so we also support faculty affairs leaders in creating environments where faculty can thrive. Our resources focus on developing faculty support infrastructure, policies and procedures, and tools to navigate challenging personnel and climate issues. We also offer space for faculty affairs professionals to network and envision professional development in their careers.
Utilizing a variety of program modalities, our programs range from asynchronous, micro resources that busy faculty members can consume on their own time to longer-form synchronous instruction that is ideal for deep dives or learning as a cohort.
Early Career Faculty
Find support to ensure well-being, productivity, and continued success as you prepare for promotion or tenure, engage in research and scholarship, and balance competing demands on your time.
PREPARING FOR PROMOTION & TENURE
RESEARCH AND SCHOLARSHIP
PRODUCTIVITY AND WELL-BEING
Imposter syndrome in higher ed: Examining the self, the system, and opportunities for change
Find support in your mid-career journey as you seek to maintain productivity, explore different avenues for career advancement, and find purpose and intentionality in your work.
CAREER VISIONING AND GOAL SETTING
Partner with a skilled coach to get support and accountability as you establish yourself and excel as a scholar, take charge of your career, and balance numerous competing demands.
Bring our workshops to your department.
MAINTAINING RELATIONSHIPS, CONNECTION, AND WELL-BEING
LEADING IN THE ACADEMY—FOUNDATIONAL LEADERSHIP SKILLS
New to Administration 101 Foundational Series
Training for Faculty Affairs Leaders
Training, conversations, and thought leadership related to faculty development, institutional policies and procedures, the evolution of the faculty affairs profession in higher ed, and more.
Rethinking The Role of Service in P&T – What is it, how is it measured, and addressing unequal service burden: A Podcast Series
For a Limited Time, Get Special Perks When You Become a Member Before June 30.
Free Job Postings on HireEd Careers
Is the Great Resignation impacting hiring efforts at your institution? Diversify your workforce with Academic Impressions’ job board, HireEd Careers. Take advantage of your free postings to reach a diverse population of higher education professionals who are invested in their own growth and professional development.
Why Post Jobs with HireEd Careers?
- Our database is more diverse than the general higher ed population
- Our database consists of those leaders and professionals who attend our professional development trainings
Free Job Posting Based on Membership Size:
- 10-user: 1 job posting worth $500
- 25-user: 2 job postings worth $1000
- 50-user: 3 job postings worth $1500
- 100-user: 5 job postings $2,500
- Enterprise: Unlimited Subscription worth up to $12,500 in value
Enterprise Members: One Free Seat at a Roundtable
The goal of our roundtables is to bring together a small cohort of peers for a comprehensive learning and networking experience. Through short, regular live meetings, you will come together with a maximum of seven other peers and our two experts to:
- Build strong connections and expand your network
- Try new tactics and approaches to improve your leadership
- Share your own best practices and hear others’
- Carve out time for self-reflection
- Be part of a cohort-based support community
- Contribute to the conversation with your own thought leadership
Choose your roundtable valued at $2,500.
- Chief Strategy Officer Roundtable (March 4 - May 20)
- Advancement Roundtable (April 1 - May 13)
- Chief Diversity Officer Roundtable (May 6 - August 5)
- Provost Roundtable
PARTNER WITH YOUR ACCOUNT MANAGER FOR ONGOING SUPPORT
Your Account Manager is your strategic partner dedicated to both maximizing membership adoption and ensuring its impact. We are invested in the success of your team and we customize our approach to your professional growth and development.
We understand that access to membership does not equal adoption, and adoption does not necessarily result in impact. Your Account Manager will collaborate with your team to ensure they engage with resources in a strategic manner, which will ultimately result in a lasting impact on their growth.
Access: At the start of the partnership, your Account Manager will work with you to plan launching membership resources to all assigned users. They will collaborate with you on a communication plan, conduct virtual open houses with your users, and ensure those with membership access have the resources they need to succeed.
Adoption: Throughout the course of your membership, your Account Manager will monitor usage and help identify professional development opportunities that will engage your team.
Impact: With the help of stakeholders, your Account Manager will deploy one or more impact surveys over the course of the membership term to help you understand what impact professional development has had on individuals. We measure satisfaction and gain an understanding of what your users have learned by engaging with Academic Impressions professional development opportunities.
WHAT DOES MEMBERSHIP INCLUDE
Access to a continuously expanding library of live online trainings, designed to be practical, discussion-based, and highly experiential
Unlimited anytime, anywhere access to on-demand trainings and resources that you can engage with on your own time from the convenience of your workspace
New trainings every week, designed to respond to the latest needs of the higher ed community
$250 discount on multi-week cohort-based bootcamps and in-person conferences
Get These Trainings and More With Membership
Questions about membership?
Membership Advisor, Academic Impressions