Analyze your Composite Financial Index (CFI) more meaningfully and use it to engage key stakeholders in a conversation about your institution’s financial health. During this webcast, you will have the opportunity to use sample institutional profiles to apply what you learn and better answer strategic questions, including:
- How long could you operate with no influx of revenues?
- Are your reserves strong enough to pay your total debt in case of an emergency?
- Is the return on your net assets sufficient to ensure your financial sustainability?
- Are you able to cover operating expenses with recurring revenues?
Foundational Resources for Financial Ratios
Included with your registration are resources that will help you gain a fundamental understanding of how to calculate financial ratios and your CFI, including:
- An overview and introduction to financial ratios
- A step-by-step instruction guide for completing your CFI
- Templates for calculating principal ratios and CFI that are tailored to your institution type (public, private, Canadian)
Who Should Attend
This webcast is designed for an institution’s financial managers, including CFOs, controllers, and budget directors. It’s also open to anyone on campus with an interest in accounting and finance who would like to understand more about financial health in higher education through use of ratios, including department and student body representatives. We welcome institutions from both the United States (public and private) and Canada to participate.