Witnessing inappropriate and/or biased behavior can be uncomfortable—but the discomfort is likely tenfold for the person actually experiencing it. We all have an active role to play in creating more inclusive and equitable environments on campus, however, responding appropriately can be daunting at first and it takes practice.
Join us for this training to raise your own self-awareness and build confidence so that you can intervene appropriately during challenging situations whether they be with students, colleagues, or leadership.
Who Should Attend
Any faculty or staff member interested in building their capacity to respond to inappropriate or biased behaviors will benefit from this session.
During this training you will:
- Learn what constitutes inappropriate and biased behavior in the academic environment
- Understand the importance of direct intervention
- Practice responding to incidents of inappropriate behavior
- Understand how to report incidents of bias and follow up after inappropriate behavior
Deirdre G. Pitts, Ph.D., SCP-IPMA
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs & Faculty Affairs, Diversity & Inclusion Assistant Professor, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
Deirdre has over 30 years of experience in Human Resource administration in the areas of retail management, health administration, municipal government, and higher education.
In her current role, Deirdre is responsible for the coordination of programs that assist faculty in the advancement of their career paths, including the successful achievement of promotion and tenure. Her role also involves oversight of faculty and staff professional development programs and the school’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.