The role of Chief of Staff in relation to the President or other leader varies on many factors, such as how new your President is to the role and how involved they want you to be with decision making. Join us for this one-hour webcast to learn how to:
- Determine the needs of your President
- Communicate the parameters of your role to stakeholders and the institution
- Balance the nuances of being accessible to colleagues with the sensitivities of your role
Who Should Attend
This training is designed for both new chiefs of staff as well as institutions looking to hire a new chief of staff or presidential assistant.
During this webcast our expert speaker, an experienced Chief of Staff herself, will take you through the following considerations:
- Determining the Needs of Your President
Is your President new to the role? Have they led at a previous institution or been at your current institution for many years? The answers to these questions will help to guide your initial conversations and help determine how you can best support the President.
- Communicating Your Role to Others
Once you and your President are on the same page, it’s important that both of you communicate to stakeholders and your institution how your role will be defined. Helping others understand what lies within and outside of the boundaries of your role will help mitigate confusion.
- Establishing and Maintaining Professional Boundaries
Chiefs of Staff have a unique position on campus. They have direct access to the President and are often charged with implementing specific initiatives, but usually without a supervisory role. In this section, we will talk through ways to balance your access to the President while also being accessible to your colleagues.
- Maintaining a Successful Working Relationship with the President
Once you have established initial roles and procedures, how do you maintain those working relationships? How do you ensure that your current workflow is successful? In this final section, we will discuss ways to revisit your protocols and make adjustments as needed.
Chief of Staff, Albany State University
Wendy is a transformational leader with a proven reputation for advancing organizational operations and profiles throughout post-secondary education and corporate systems. In her current role, Wendy oversees strategic management processes and interacts with members at all levels of the internal and external university community. This macro level of engagement has proven successful in defining, advancing, and assessing the work of the Office of the President in support of effective institutional alignment and synergy.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.