When encountering professional adversity, you can easily slip into “auto pilot” — behaving in ways that are comfortable but not necessarily constructive. Do you ever find yourself repeating the same behaviors, hoping for different outcomes? Do you find yourself growing discouraged, maybe even resentful, that things aren’t going the way you’re hoping?
Join us online and discover how to break those patterns of behavior and reset the way you respond to roadblocks. Our expert will introduce you to the 3-step ABC Model, which will invite you to reflect on how you can approach adversity more constructively. Resilience is not something you’re born with. It’s a skill you can build.
Who Should Attend
This webcast is ideal for individuals, especially women, who are looking to discover new ways of building resilience to better manage conflict, change, and/or work/life balance.
1) Defining Resilience – You'll learn eight factors to help build your resilience.
2) The ABC Model: You’ll practice this model to see how you can develop more constructive patterns of behavior when faced with obstacles. You’ll learn how to:
- A – ADVERSITIES - Identify adversities that most impact you, such as conflict, work environment, work/life balance, and change.
- B – BELIEFS - Identify and adapt your beliefs and your reactions to those beliefs to help you overcome these adversities.
- C – CONSEQUENCES - Identify the consequences of your beliefs and behaviors.
Dr. Therese Lask
Talent Development Specialist, Colorado State University
In her current role, Therese works as a consultant to the university, working as such projects as the development and facilitation of the Supervisor Development Program; planning and facilitating departmental strategic planning; and creating and facilitating professional development classes for all CSU employees. Topics for her professional development classes include: change leadership, career development, job crafting, professional resilience and leadership theory and practice. Therese has broad based experience in higher education, working in private, state and community colleges. Read Therese's full bio here.
Questions About the Event? Email this event's Program Manager, Lisa Lafflam.
Become A Member
Membership Includes All Faculty Success Content and Much More
How Membership Works
Buy membership based on desired number of users
Engage with upcoming and on-demand online trainings
Learn more about membership benefits, included content, and pricing.
Questions about membership?
Membership Advisor, Academic Impressions