Your team is growing more diverse every day; this includes across different generations from across generations. Each generation has its own preferences and values that motivate them, and it’s important to understand those differences in order to build a cohesive and resilient workplace culture that maximizes individual and team performance and minimizes conflict. With almost a quarter of the labor force set to retire in the next decade, it's crucial to recognize the contributions of all generations of workers.
Join us online to learn:
- Research that highlights the benefits of addressing the needs of your different generations.
- Strategies for how to motivate and coach your age-diverse team, so that they feel engaged in their work and have the tools to better understand and collaborate creatively and productively with each other.
- How to respond to and address interpersonal conflict that may arise within your team with an awareness and respect for the different generations.
You’ll walk away with greater confidence in knowing how to communicate and engage across generational differences.
Who Should Attend
This webcast is ideal for any supervisor or higher ed leader who is looking for new ways to communicate with, engage, motivate, and inspire their multi-generational teams. We will specifically cover research on Baby Boomers, Gen X, and Millennials.
Today’s Generational Landscape
Learn more about the following four generations in today’s workplace, including common characteristics, what motivates them and how they can best contribute to your team’s success. You will also learn how to look beyond the stereotypes and acknowledge your team members’ individual strengths and perspectives, which is an important part of your inclusion efforts.
- Baby Boomers
- Gen X
Strategies to Resolve Inter-Generational Conflicts
It is not uncommon for different generations to disagree or find conflict due to their unique perspectives. Learn how to use a values-based approach to minimize generational conflict and maximize the impact of generational diversity within your team.
Dr. Sean Lyons
Professor of Leadership and Management and Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies at the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics at the University of Guelph
Dr. Sean Lyons is the Professor of Leadership and Management and Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies at the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics at the University of Guelph. Dr. Lyons’s main area of research concerns inter-generational differences and their impacts on workplace dynamics and managing people. He is co-author of the book Generational Career Shifts: How Matures, Boomers, Gen Xers and Millennials View Work and co-editor of Managing the New Workforce: International Perspectives on the Millennial Generation.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.