Learn how you can improve your donor relationships through more effective naming rights policies and valuation strategies.
With an uptick in issues between institutions and major donors, staying current on philanthropic naming issues is more important than ever. Having sound naming policies will help you protect your institution’s reputation and bottom line.
Join us online for a two-part webcast series that will help you adjust your naming plans and policies to account for today’s complex and dynamic environment. Session 1 will share considerations for valuing your opportunities that will help you validate your approaches. Session 2 will help you update your naming policies to ensure that you meet the needs of both the donor and the institution.
Who Should Attend
Advancement professionals (especially those in advancement services, donor relations, stewardship, and marketing and branding) who are charged with establishing, revising, or working with institutional naming rights policies will benefit from this webcast series.
Webcast One: Considerations for Valuing Your Naming Opportunities
September 19, 2019 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Assigning a value to a naming rights opportunity is a complex blend of art and science. Vincent Duckworth will help you evaluate your own approaches to valuation by detailing how to:
- Use formulaic methods for naming rights valuations
- Identify benchmarks that make sense
- Present and share opportunities with donors
Webcast Two: Considerations for Updating Your Naming Rights Policies
September 24, 2019 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Eastern
To help you create robust philanthropic naming rights policies in today’s changing landscape, Vincent Duckworth will help you answer tough questions like:
- How long should you recognize the donor via a naming right?
- If the situation warrants it, how do you properly take down or remove a name?
- How do you handle naming with pledge gifts, bequests, and other forms of non-cash giving?
- What do you do when the values of the donor diverge from the values of the institution?
- Should your policies vary for corporate vs. individual naming?
Partner, Consultant, and Chief Marketing Officer, ViTreo Group Inc
Vincent has been a leader in the nonprofit sector for over 25 years. He is the chief marketing officer and a founding partner of ViTreo Group Inc. He is internationally recognized as a leading expert on campaign design, strategy, and major gift performance. He is also Canada’s authority on philanthropic naming. His chapter on philanthropic naming can be found in the definitive Canadian fundraising reference: Excellence in Fundraising in Canada: Volume Two. Read Vincent’s full bio here.
Questions About the Event? Email this event’s Program Manager, Lisa Lafflam.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session – a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording – a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.